It’s been awhile, hasn’t it?
Since the last update, here’s what I’ve been up to, in no particular order –
- recovering from dental surgery. My wisdom teeth belatedly decided to give me all sorts of problems, so out they came. The surgery itself wasn’t too bad – I remember being loopy and feeling high as a kite, but don’t remember anything during. After a couple of days, am feeling better than expected. There is of course, the sore jaw and swollen cheeks, and the overwhelming urge to poke my fingers into the gaping holes in my gums (sorry TMI!). Also, I am getting tired of eating soup. The ice cream though, is made of win!
- witnessed nasty car accident in San Francisco, complete with on the scene first aid (by me!), getting statement taken by nice policeman, and getting asked stupid questions by rubbernecking passersby.
- went camping at Salt Point State Park. Salt Point State Park was where the sandstone for streets in San Francisco were mined back in the day. Also, there were tanning seals and random abandoned safes in the middle of the hiking trail. Click and see!
- saw fishies! And pretty water things! More here.
- drove to Detroit for work and to visit Nana, and accidentally ended up on the bridge to Canada. Without my passport – see part about driving to Detroit. Ended up having to get my car searched, answering a bunch of tedious questions from the nice immigration folks, and watching the guy in the next car pod getting yanked out of his car and arrested.
- there was knitting. Most of which have been gifted. Unfortunately, before I remembered to take pictures. Except for this – which I made for my cousin Celeste. Gooseberry hat and wee socks, out of good ‘ol Cotton Ease in Azalea. Rav deets here.
- a renewed commitment to hopefully blog more! Fingers crossed!